Thursday, May 14, 2009

No turning back.

My flight is officially booked. I will be leaving Washington D.C. at 2:54 p.m. on July 5th, flying about five hours to L.A. where I will meet up with about 15 other students going to schools all across New Zealand. We will all get on our 20+ hour flight at 10:30 p.m. on July 5th and arrive in Auckland at 6:25 a.m. on July 7th. I'll be flying for about two days of my life, but this concept will be great when I gain two days on my flight back to the U.S. in December.

Through Australearn and Facebook, I have met two people who will also be in Auckland with me! Lauren is a senior at Arizona and will be studying at a nearby school in Auckland. She is also going to Bonnaroo in June so if I end up going we could potentially meet up. Justin is a junior at Washington State. He will be at AUT with me and is also staying in the Wellesley Apatments. He seems to be very interested in backpacking and travel, so I think we will get along very well.

51 days left in America and my excitement to leave grows more each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment